When you eat or drink anything that is contaminated, the typhoid causing bacteria enter your body and travel into your intestines, to your bloodstream and finally get to your lymph nodes, gallbladder, liver, spleen, and other parts of your body.
Home Remedies for Typhoid fever
Typhoid fever is common in developing countries because of the poor hygiene exhibited by the people. Below are a few home remedies to treating typhoid fever quickly.
1) Bitter leaf juice: take a cup of freshly squeezed bitter leaf juice twice a day till the symptoms disappear. Alternately, boil the stem and root of bitter leave plant and drink a glass twice daily till the symptoms disappear.
Please note: bitter leave juice causes loose stool or purges at times if taken in excess, do not take more than 5 leaves per cup.
2) Apple cider vinegar
Mix te teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a shot of water. You may consider adding honey to make it tasty and palatable for you. Take this mixture before each meal for 5 days. Vinegar will make you urinate a lot, so you will need to have a toilet close by.
3) Garlic for auto immune
Garlic is a natural antibiotic, it will suck up mucous and kill bacteria. If you can, cut the clove of garlic into small pieces and swallow it. Yes you will smell a little and it will feel funny in your stomach but it works. Continue with several pieces of raw garlic a day for a few days.
Squeeze an entire lemon or lime and drink the juice with hot or cold water and honey to taste. Lemons and limes are natural disinfectants and will alkalize your gut. Add slices of lemon to your water for one week after typhoid diagnosis.
5) Apples and carrots
Snack on apples and carrots for good digestion, remember to wash all fruits thoroughly before consumption to ensure all bacteria is gone.
6) Traditional typhoid fever lemon grass remedy
lemon grass, limes, unripe paw-paw, unripe pineapples, alabukun powder, black tea / lipton tea bags, water.
– Cut these items (lemon grass, 25 limes, 2 unripe paw-paw, 2 unripe pineapples) to pieces and mix together also add 6 bags of black tea to the mixture.
– Boil the mixture for 30 to 40 minutes with 3 liters of water.
– Add alabukun powder 5 mins to the end of the cooking.
Take 1 glass, 2 times daily for one week. Drink when hot.
Caution! In case of high fever and other severe symptoms of typhoid infection, consult a medical practitioner immediately.